Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked #3 for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Full-time: 32-40 hours per week based off applicants preference.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk to join our Finance team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Review invoices for accuracy, proper approval, and coding.
- Match invoices to purchase orders and packing slips.
- Enter invoices into the computer system and produces checks according to policy.
- Coordinate accounts payable functions with materials management.
- Adherence of controls and procedures to ensure compliance with company expenditure policies including travel and credit card expenditure.
- Assist with the annual audit preparation.
- Prepare and distributes bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all employee deductions, tax withholdings, and benefits.
- Assure maintenance and confidentiality of all payroll records.
- Answer employee questions concerning wages and benefits.
- Responsible for assuring the completeness of employee W-2’s.
- Responsible for completing vendor 1099’s including electronic filing.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close.
- Support finance department with other duties as assigned.
- Recognize the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the job.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mandatory Reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID vaccine required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business related field.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Customer service experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com