Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked third for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time overnight C.N.A. to join our Medical Surgical and Emergency Department team. This position is a brand new position! The C.N.A. position creates a professional image by providing superior customer service while effectively assisting the medical providers in the care and treatment of patients on the medical surgical floor and in the emergency room. Th C.N.A. performs assigned procedures and duties within the scope of practice.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Performs as the nursing assistant on the medical surgical floor and in the emergency room.
- Provides direct patient care including bathing, dressing, and ambulating, repositioning, and feeding patients. Changes bed linens. Catheter care.
- Takes routine patient vital signs, including temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations.
- Performs blood sugar finger stick as delegated by nurse assigned to patient. Discontinue Foley catheters with nurse delegation. Discontinue IV therapy with nurse delegation (with the exception of Central Lines and PICC lines)
- Monitors and records patient oral intake and all output.
- Passes meal trays, keeping food covered to preserve the required temperature; feeding patients requiring assistance. Fills water pitchers and assure refreshments are within reach if patient is not NPO.
- Answers call lights in a timely and courteous manner.
- Observes patients, reporting any changes to the professional nursing staff.
- Properly follows universal precautions and Infection Prevention guidelines.
- Documents care on individual patients using computer following departmental standards.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- BLS and mandatory reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Eudcation and Experience
- Current and unrestricted nurse aide certificate or previous nurse aide experience in similar setting.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: Nights (36-40 hours per week) This position will work 8- or 12-hour shifts based on applicants preference and every 3rd weekend.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com