Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked third for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Certified Nursing Assistant to join our Outpatient Clinic team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Assists providers as outlined in individual contracts to ensure high quality care and satisfaction for both the patients and providers.
- Rooms patients, takes vital signs, documents in patient chart, and assists with procedures as requested by providers and their staff.
- Assists in scheduling patients and making reminder phone calls.
- Serves as liaison between patients and specialty providers’ offices.
- Assesses patients and contacts nurse/provider with patient status changes.
- Acquires prior authorizations for radiology exams, surgeries, procedures, medications, etc. as needed.
- Provides patient education when appropriate.
- Assists with quality improvement activities.
- Properly follows universal precautions and Infection Prevention guidelines.
- Documents care on individual patients using computer following departmental standards.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted nurse aide certificate.
- BLS and mandatory reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a hospital or clinic setting.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: Days, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (40 hours/week)
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com