Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register three years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a Full-time Coding Specialist to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Reviews documentation on each medical record.
- Checks medical records to ensure proper documentation, signatures, and results.
- Assigns codes to all patient types using ICD-10, CPT-4, HCPCS, and modifier principals and guidelines.
- Assigns facility level on emergency room patients according to guidelines and policies.
- Assigns physician level on emergency room patients according to guidelines and policies.
- Monitors charges on all patient types, debiting or crediting as necessary.
- Assigns proper infusion billing hierarchy according to current guidelines.
- Assists with release of information requests, both walk-in requests and over the phone.
- Maintains RHIT and/or other certifications by attending education opportunities when applicable.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current coding or RHIT certification or equivalent experience
- Mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office 2007 Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregiver.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Completed educational program in medical coding.
- Excellent ICD-10 CM, CPT-4 and HCPCS coding skills with previous coding experience
- Knowledge of encoder software.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Allstate Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com