Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked third for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Cook to join our team!
Primary duties for this position include:
- Prepares and serves meals for breakfast, lunch, and/or supper.
- Prepares meat for next day.
- Prepares hot food and documents food served is at proper temperature.
- Documents freezer and refrigerator temperatures.
- Provides excellent service of patient meals.
- Labels and dates all food products and left over food.
- Determines substitutions when necessary and records on temperature log document.
- Locks all doors (night cook), checks heating/cooling units, and checks that all applicable units and lights are shut off.
- Assists with general cleaning of the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Works cooperatively with other hospital staff to assure patient needs are met.
- Knowledge of principles of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System (HACCP).
- Assists with special functions such as Hospital Week and Extended Care parties, and all other set monthly functions.
- Serves as person in charge when dietary manager is out of the building.
- Meet requirements to obtain performance improvement processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to all OSHA and infection control policies.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Attend ServSafe within one year of hire.
- Mandatory reporter and BLS certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID-19 vaccination required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience with food preparation, sanitation, modified diets, and institution cooking but no experience required.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: 40 hours/week working 4 days/week with rotating weekends and holidays.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com