Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a temporary Door Screener to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Screens patients and visitors using COVID-19 protocol.
- Uses AIDET consistently.
- Smiles and greets each patient as they enter the facility.
- Opens doors for patients when needed.
- Provides way finding as necessary.
- Provides assistance and/or transports patients in wheelchairs as needed.
- Ensures wheelchair availability at all times for visitor use.
- Handles patient concerns in a helpful and objective manner involving supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures entry is clear and free of any hazards.
- Performs additional duties, projects, and tasks as requested.
- Trains other staff members to door screen appropriately.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Temporary: Days, 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (40 hours/week), but could vary some. No weekends. No benefits.
We encourage those interested in summer help to apply!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com