Monroe County Hospital & Clinics has been honored as a Top Workplace for the eighth consecutive year! Out of countless contenders, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics proudly clinched the 5th best workplace title in the highly competitive mid-sized employer category. In addition to local recognition, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics received the prestigious National Healthcare Industry Top Workplace award. This national recognition highlights our dedication to excellence and innovation in the healthcare industry. We owe these accomplishments to our incredible team, whose dedication and hard work continue to make Monroe County Hospital & Clinics an outstanding place to work.
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Full-time: 36 hours/week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Weekend Package Nights. 6:00pm to 6:30am, with on call 6:30am to 6:00pm each day. This position has the option of working 5 out of 6 weekends or 48 out of 52 weekends. Working 5 out of 6 weekends earns 140% of an employees base wage and working 48 out of 52 weekends earns 150% of an employees base wage. Any PTO used will be paid out at the employees weekend package rate. A shift differential is included with this position and equates to $1.50 per hour from 3:00pm – 11:00pm and $4.00 per hour from 11:00pm – 7:00am, with the requirement that you work at least four hours during these hours.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time EMT/AEMT/Paramedic to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Provides pre-hospital care for the ill and injured patients through assessment, intervention, and ambulance transportation, according to the protocols established by the medical director.
- Assures daily ambulance checks of inventory, restocking, disinfecting, cleaning and maintenance of all ambulances are performed.
- Immediately following an ambulance run, restocks and disinfects the ambulance, completes all run reports (with thorough documentation), dispatch records, and charge sheets.
- Cross-trains to Lab, Respiratory Therapy, Emergency Room and Medical Surgical floor to provide assistance as requested in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Follows policies and procedures for all areas of pre-hospital care.
- Represents the department and hospital in the community. Participates in public relations activities, including education programs and providing ambulance coverage at community activities.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted State of Iowa Paramedic Specialist Certificate or AEMT/EMT Certificate.
- Mandatory Reporting and BLS certified or within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS and PALS certified or within one year of hire (Paramedics).
- Valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- PHTLS provider endorsement.
- PALS provider preferred for EMT, but required for Paramedic.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com