Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Housekeeper to join our Environmental Services team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Keep patient areas and rooms clean. This includes but is not limited to: dusting, sweeping and mopping floors, emptying trash containers, filling supplies and cleaning of the restrooms, and always asking the patient if there is anything else you can do for them while you are in their room.
- Keep public areas as clean by dusting, arranging furniture, and vacuuming carpets.
- Keep private office areas clean by dusting, arranging papers, emptying trash, and vacuuming carpets.
- Able to run floor care machines on a regular basis.
- Prepares patient rooms for occupancy by deep cleaning according to schedule.
- As one of the most visible hospital employees, greets patients and visitors in a friendly manner. Walk patients and visitors to their destination if necessary.
- Works cooperatively with other hospital staff to assure patient needs are met. This includes filling in wherever services are needed at the hospital and/or the clinic.
- Picks up soiled linens utilizing universal precautions.
- Washes, folds, and stores clean linen as needed
- Identifies imperfect linens and disposes of them as appropriate.
- Delivers clean laundry throughout the hospital in a timely and friendly manner.
- Makes many contacts with visitors and patients in the hospital. Assists them in a proactive manner, such as walking lost visitors to their location.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mandatory Reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Customer service experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: 40 hours/week. You will have the opportunity to pick your schedule. The schedules to choose from are 4:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. and working every 6th weekend with possible on-call, 3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m. and working every 6th weekend with possible on-call, or 11:00 p.m. -7:30 a.m. with no weekend rotation.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com