Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register three years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a part-time Insurance Specialist to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Responsible for attainment of key performance metrics and revenue cycle goals.
- Works claims from beginning to end through the claims process until claim is adjudicated.
- Responsible for billing all secondary insurance claims.
- Review and correct claims. Responsible to work all edits, appeals and denials to ensure proper payment for medical services rendered.
- Responsible for working with the hospital and individual departments on charge corrections.
- Responsible for follow-up on assigned accounts to resolve issues with payers.
- Performs follow up with the registration team as needed to promote accuracy in billing.
- Responsible for posting payments and adjustments received directly to patient accounts.
- Provides outstanding customer service, by working directly either in person or over the telephone with patients or family members to answer questions and resolve billing and statement issues.
- Prioritize tasks and maintain flexibility as job priorities change.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of CPT and HCPCS codes.
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred education and experience
- Experience in hospital and/or medical facility.
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Part-time Days, 16 hours per week with flexible schedule.
Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS) is available for this position.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com