Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 200 team members and is proud to be called a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register seven years in a row!
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Full-time: 40 hours per week (consisting of four, 10 hours shifts each week but can be negotiable) with one night of on-call per week. This position must work one weekend shift (Saturday OR Sunday, 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. plus on-call until 6 a.m. the next day) just four times in a year.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Medical Laboratory Technician/Medical Technologist to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Conducts venipuncture and specimen collection. Venipuncture is performed in the correct tubes using sterile technique.
- Performs automated hematology, coagulation, and chemistry testing. Operates machinery and recognizes problems. Correct pre-analysis for samples.
- Documents quality controls for each test. Documents corrective action taken on quality control and manufacturer’s information when controls do not meet expected values.
- Performs maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation, methodologies, or technique when machinery or quality controls fail. Follows information from manufacturer’s technical support to solve instrumentation problems.
- Uses understanding of disease states and metabolic disorders to correlate results and communicate medical results. Recognizes critical values and possible errors related to testing. Uses computer to transmit results.
- Performs manual testing involving the use of higher-order thinking skills. Makes manual dilutions, blood banking, microscopic urinalysis, and manual differentials.
- Maintains adequate records of all procedures performed. Work is dated and initialed and evidence of corrective action is clearly documented.
- Conducts EKGs and Holter monitors. Demonstrates the proper hook up of equipment.
- Operates independently and recognizes additional duties, such as filing and cleaning, that require completion.
- Understands that all functions are part of the work experience and duties are shared equally as possible with other staff members regardless of tenure or status.
- Recognizes the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the job.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Assists with quality improvement activities.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in a (natural) biological science or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted MLT or MT certification or ability to obtain within two years of hire.
- BLS and Mandatory Reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID-19 vaccination required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a healthcare setting, providing laboratory services to patients.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com