Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Night Float Registered Nurse to join our team. The registered nurse position creates a professional image by providing superior customer service while effectively assisting the medical providers in the care and treatment of patients on the medical surgical floor and in the emergency room. The registered nurse performs assigned procedures and duties within the scope of practice as set forth by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Performs as the primary nurse on the medical surgical floor and in the emergency room.
- Develops a written plan of care based on assessment data following established standards and protocols of care. Maintains and revises the plan as needed.
- Performs general nursing care to patients, administers prescribed medications, and administers treatments in accordance with nursing standards and protocols.
- Assesses patients and documents thoroughly. Notifies nurse supervisor or physician when status change dictates.
- Documents pertinent observations including safety needs and effective interventions.
- Provides patient education and discharge planning.
- Provides a concise, pertinent report of patient condition to the next nursing shift prior to leaving the unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to all OSHA and infection control policies.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- BLS and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS, PALS, and TNCC certified or within one year of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time, Nights: average of 30 hours per week and benefit eligible. Thursday overnight in the emergency room and every 6th weekend overnight in the emergency room with a potential for other weekend rotations. A variability differential is included in this position as well as a $3000 sign-on bonus with a two-year commitment. This position will receive a two-week schedule at a time. However, due to illness/COVID-19, the schedule may vary and will include weekends.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com