Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked #3 for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Full-time: Days, 36-40 hours per week with flexibility of working four or five days. This position will be shared with MercyOne Centerville.
**Provide patient centered care that allows time for documentation, collaboration with care team and other Rehab professionals. Encourage participation for in-house and community events to support professional and program development vs emphasis on productivity.**
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist to join our Rehab team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Performs evaluations and treatments to patients in a variety of settings and completes supporting documentation according to hospital policy (based on assignment).
- Appropriately establishes and reviews:
- Patients plan of care.
- Goals and priorities with team (including patient/family/caretaker).
- Treatment in response to changing patient needs.
- Educational needs of patient and caregivers.
- Discharge plan/follow-up care needs.
- Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelines with respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships. Demonstrates professional accountability per the occupational therapy code of ethics and standards of practice.
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective written, verbal, and non-verbal communication with team members through the continuum of care.
- Participates in clinical program development.
- Accumulates and interprets financial and statistical clinical data.
- Understands and complies with universal precautions, safety and risk policies and procedures.
- Consults with other members of rehabilitation team to select treatment programs consistent with needs and capabilities of individual and to coordinate comprehensive services delivery.
- Provides hospital-based treatment including inpatient, outpatient and skilled therapy services.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- Graduate of accredited program in occupational therapy.
- Current and unrestricted licensure as an occupational therapist in Iowa.
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID vaccine required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience desired.
- Lymphedema, Hand Therapy and/or Ergonomics experience.
*WE ENCOURAGE NEW GRADUATES TO APPLY!*
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com