Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register three years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a part-time Paramedic to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Provides pre-hospital care for the ill and injured patients through assessment, intervention, and ambulance transportation, according to the protocols established by the medical director.
- Assures daily ambulance checks of inventory, restocking, disinfecting, cleaning and maintenance of all ambulances are performed.
- Immediately following an ambulance run, restocks and disinfects the ambulance, completes all run reports (with thorough documentation), dispatch records, and charge sheets.
- Cross-trains to Lab, Respiratory Therapy, Emergency Room and Medical Surgical floor to provide assistance as requested in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Follows policies and procedures for all areas of pre-hospital care.
- Represents the department and hospital in the community. Participates in public relations activities, including education programs and providing ambulance coverage at community activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current State of Iowa Paramedic Specialist Certificate.
- ACLS and BCLS certified.
- Mandatory Reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Must have valid BLS card (issued by American Heart Association or American Red Cross) upon hire.
- PHTLS provider endorsement preferred.
- PALS provider preferred.
- Valid and unrestricted Iowa Driver’s License.
- Excellent communication skills, pleasant, outgoing personality, and the desire to work with and help people.
- Computer experience preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Refer to current State of Iowa criteria.
- On-going compliance with MCH educational requirements.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Allstate Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Part-time: Monday (Days), Thursday (Nights), and On Call
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com