Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 200 team members and is proud to be called a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register seven years in a row!
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Full-time: 36 hours per week working Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. with an opportunity to pick up every 6th weekend working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Patient Access Specialist to join our Emergency Services team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Accurately obtains all demographic information from each patient.
- Obtains information related to insurance. Reviews insurance cards, scan cards and enters all information accurately. Performs eligibility check for insurance, via Cerner eligibility, health plan website or by phone.
- Answer the telephone in a timely manner, identifies self. Handles the patient or individual’s needs in a courteous, professional manner.
- Promotes team work throughout the emergency department by cooperating with others and helping as necessary to further emergency department goals
- Assists ER staff using CNA abilities such as but not limited to: ambulating patients, transferring patients, patient vitals, making beds, measure weight and height.
- Promotes efficiency in the emergency department through efforts of planning and organizing, carries out emergency department duties to maximum benefit of the patient and physician/provider.
- Actively participates in projecting professionalism by attending and participating in department and hospital wide meetings.
- Recognizes the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the job.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- BLS and Mandatory Reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID vaccine required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Current and unrestricted Certified Nursing Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Customer service experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com