Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a PRN (as needed) Physical Therapist Assistant to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Administers patient care under the supervision of the physical therapist. This includes, but not limited to, the therapeutic application of modalities such as ultrasound, hot and cold packs, electrical stimulation, paraffin application, hydrotherapy, therapeutic exercise, transfer and gait training and wound care.
- Records all pertinent patient information relating to treatment, objective changes and charges according to department policy.
- The assistant will assist the physical therapist in the administration of individual treatment programs.
- The assistant relays the appropriate information to the therapist and suggests alternatives to treatment.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication with patients and their families, medical staff, colleagues and the public; participates effectively as a team member in clinics, rounds, discharge planning and patient care conferences.
- Understands and complies with universal precautions, safety and risk policies and procedures.
- Consults with other members of rehab department to select treatment programs consistent with needs and capabilities of individual and to coordinate comprehensive services delivery.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted licensure as a physical therapy assistant by the state of Iowa
- Completion of accredited physical therapist assistant program.
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preffered Education and Experience
- Outpatient experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers IPERS.
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
PRN (as needed)
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com