Monroe County Hospital & Clinics has been honored as a Top Workplace for the eighth consecutive year! Out of countless contenders, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics proudly clinched the 5th best workplace title in the highly competitive mid-sized employer category. In addition to local recognition, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics received the prestigious National Healthcare Industry Top Workplace award. This national recognition highlights our dedication to excellence and innovation in the healthcare industry. We owe these accomplishments to our incredible team, whose dedication and hard work continue to make Monroe County Hospital & Clinics an outstanding place to work.
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Full-time: Days, 32-40 hours per week. Flexible scheduling. Choice between: 3 – 12 hour shifts, 4 or 5 – 8 hour shifts, 4 – 9 hour shifts, 4 – 10 hour shifts. NO WEEKENDS. NO HOLIDAYS. This position is primarily in outpatient services.
Due to growth, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Physical Therapist to join our Rehab team. Be part of an experienced team that offers mentoring and encourages growth. There are several specialty services to learn if interested, including: Concussion, vertigo, lymphedema, and pelvic floor. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
Primary duties for this position include:
- Acquires pertinent information relating to patient, administers appropriate assessment procedures according to standardized or recommended techniques, and establishes treatment program based upon assessment results and sets treatment goals and priorities in collaboration with patient/family.
- Selects treatment activities that demonstrate a working knowledge of physical therapy theory; plans and implements a comprehensive therapeutic program using a variety of treatment techniques; re-evaluations/modifies treatment in response to changing patient needs; records all pertinent patient information relating to evaluation, treatment and charges according to clinic policy.
- Maintains a high standard of professional accountability with respect to safety, efficiency, effectiveness, ethics, and legal issues; protects patient confidentiality in regard to medical, emotional and social status.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication with patients and their families, medical staff, colleagues and the public; participates effectively as a team member in clinics, rounds, discharge planning and patient care conferences.
- Understands and complies with universal precautions, safety and risk policies and procedures.
- Consults with other members of rehabilitation team to select treatment programs consistent with needs and capabilities of individual and to coordinate comprehensive services delivery.
- Maintains positive relationships with the health care team, patient, and family.
- Supervises physical therapist assistants in accordance with the state regulations.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current and unrestricted physical therapy license or eligible for licensure in the State of Iowa.
- Working knowledge of the current Board of Physical Therapy Laws, Rules and State Practice Act.
- Understands HIPAA regulations and privacy of patient information.
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Outpatient experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com