Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register three years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a PRN Radiology Technologist to join our Radiology team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Schedules patient exams and performs receptionist duties as needed.
- Performs diagnostic exams including setting correct techniques, positioning patients, and providing protective shielding.
- Performs CT examinations following correct CT protocols.
- Ability to start IVs in order to inject contrast agents for CT exams.
- Performs C-arm procedures in OR.
- Ability to manage exams in PACS and burn disks.
- Observes radiation protection for patients, self, and other staff.
- Assists radiologist with special exams including prepping the patient, setting up the procedure room, using sterile techniques, and drawing up medications.
- Works as a team member to keep the Radiology department clean and tidy.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology.
- Current and unrestricted Iowa permit to practice as a radiologic technologist.
- Certificate from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- CT experience.
- Venipuncture experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Allstate Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
PRN (as needed)
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com