Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked #3 for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
PRN (as needed)
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a PRN Radiology Technologist to join our Radiology team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Schedules patient exams and performs receptionist duties as needed.
- Performs diagnostic exams including setting correct techniques, positioning patients, and providing protective shielding.
- Performs CT examinations following correct CT protocols.
- Ability to start IVs in order to inject contrast agents for CT exams.
- Performs C-arm procedures in OR.
- Ability to manage exams in PACS and burn disks.
- Observes radiation protection for patients, self, and other staff.
- Assists radiologist with special exams including prepping the patient, setting up the procedure room, using sterile techniques, and drawing up medications.
- Works as a team member to keep the Radiology department clean and tidy.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology.
- Current and unrestricted Iowa permit to practice as a radiologic technologist.
- Certificate from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID vaccine required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Education and Experience
- CT experience.
- Venipuncture experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers IPERS.
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com