Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked #3 for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Weekend Package, Nights, 7 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
A weekend package pay differential is included with this position. Applicants have the option to work 5 out of every 6 weekends or 48 out of 52 weekends. The 5 out of 6 weekend option is paid at 140% of base pay. The 48 out of 52 weekend option is paid at 150% of base pay. This position also includes shift differential, which is an additional $4/hour for hours worked overnight.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to join our Medical Surgical team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Develops a written plan of care based on assessment data following established standards and protocols of care. Maintains and revises the plan as needed.
- Performs general nursing care to patients, administers prescribed medications, and administers treatments in accordance with nursing standards and protocols.
- Assesses patients and documents thoroughly. Notifies nurse supervisor or physician when status change dictates.
- Documents pertinent observations including safety needs and effective interventions.
- Provides patient education and discharge planning.
- Provides a concise, pertinent report of patient condition to the next nursing shift prior to leaving the unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to all OSHA and infection control policies.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- BLS and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS certified or within one year of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID vaccine required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in hospital or clinic setting.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com