Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a part-time Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Services team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Develops a written plan of care based on assessment data following established standards and protocols of care. Maintains and revises the plan as needed.
- Performs general nursing care to patients, administers prescribed medications, and administers treatments in accordance with nursing standards and protocols.
- Assesses patients and documents thoroughly. Notifies physician when status change dictates.
- Documents pertinent observations including safety needs and effective interventions.
- Provides patient education and discharge planning.
- Provides a concise, factual report of patient condition to the next nursing shift prior to leaving the unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to all OSHA and infection control policies.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Mandatory reporting and BLS certified within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS, PALS, and TNCC certified or within one year of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience in an Emergency Room setting.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Part-time: Thursday (7:00 p.m.-7:30 a.m.)
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com