Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register three years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Registration Clerk/Emergency Room Technician to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Accurately obtains all demographic information from each patient.
- Obtains information related to insurance. Reviews insurance card, scans cards and enters all information accurately. Performs eligibility checks for insurance, via electronic eligibility, health plan website or by phone.
- Answers the telephone in a timely manner and identifies self. Handles the patient or individual’s needs in a courteous, professional manner.
- Promotes team work throughout the emergency department by cooperating with others and helping as necessary to further emergency department goals
- Assists emergency room staff using CNA/EMT abilities such as but not limited to: ambulating patients, transferring patients, taking patient vitals, making beds, and measuring weight/height.
- Follows all policies and procedures as outlined in the MCHC handbook.
- Promotes efficiency in the emergency department through efforts of planning and organizing.
- Recognizes the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the job
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills and checklist.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted State of Iowa certified nursing assistant/emergency technician certification. Those hired prior to April 1, 2019 do not have to hold certifications.
- Basic cardiac life support (BCLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Allstate Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time Days: Mondays and Tuesdays (Emergency Department) 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., Thursdays (Medical-Surgical) 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., and every 6th weekend on Saturdays and Sundays (Emergency Department) 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com