Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Registration Clerk to join our Outpatient Clinic team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Provides patient with quality care through appointment scheduling, professional communication through messages, and correspondence regarding individual patient accounts. Provides office information to patients.
- Answers the telephone in a timely manner and identifies self. Handles the patient or individual’s needs in a courteous, professional manner.
- Schedules patient appointments within the guidelines for each provider. Accurately completes pre-admit information and creates an encounter.
- Accurately obtains all demographic information for each patient.
- Obtains information related to identity, insurance and payment method. Reviews driver’s license, insurance card, scans cards and enters all information accurately. Performs eligibility check for insurance, via electronic health record eligibility, health plan website, or by phone.
- Performs basic financial counseling activities such as offering assistance of the hospital social worker and referral to business office to arrange payment plans.
- Handles patient needs following appointment, including creating an outpatient encounter if necessary, scheduling follow up appointments and copying forms for scanning.
- Recognizes the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the job.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mandatory Reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in hospital or clinic setting.
- Customer service experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com