Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register four years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Rehab Manager to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Evaluates and treats patients or supervises treatment, and determines treatment plan. Adjusts and amends treatment plans as needed and follows up with referral source regarding patient’s treatment and progress.
- Responsible for orientation of new therapists and staff, supervises and evaluates the staff of rehab services. Performs the necessary documentation including: evaluations, progress notes, discharge notes and logs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining and recording department QA reports/records.
- Reviews and approves patient charges, time sheets, and logs.
- Manages budget responsibilities, implements necessary changes to adjust staffing levels accordingly.
- Explores, recommends, and develops new market opportunities for rehab services. Builds and maintains rapport with administration, physicians, and other referral sources.
- Attends facility meetings, conducts staff meetings and updates departmental policies and procedures as needed.
- Responsible for supervising staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Has the ability to work well as a team member or independently. Demonstrates strong leadership when working with staff, administration, community, doctors, and patients.
- Understands and complies with universal precautions, safety and risk policies and procedures.
- Consults with other members of rehabilitation team to select treatment programs consistent with needs and capabilities of individual and to coordinate comprehensive services delivery.
- Ongoing commitment to reducing costs and improving productivity in the therapy department.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- Graduate of an approved school with a master’s or doctorate degree in physical or occupational therapy.
- Current and unrestricted applicable state licensure.
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of three years of management experience which includes management of multi-service departments, or exposure to and familiarity with rehabilitation services beyond personal field of expertise.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Allstate Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time Days (40 hours/week)
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com