Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Respiratory Therapy Coordinator join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- The respiratory therapy coordinator is responsible for the overall operation of the department.
- Must have a broad base of clinical experience and be capable of treating a wide variety of diagnoses and patient age groups.
- Must have the skills necessary to effectively manage the support personnel in the hospital. This includes in-service education and in-service training. Financial management skills must include budgeting, accumulation and interpretation of statistics, efficient daily operations.
- Provides care to patients including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric
- Continuing quality improvement activities, committee meetings, community relations and marketing of hospital services.
- Coordinates and evaluates work of personnel.
- Prepares and submits annual budgets for personnel and equipment.
- Insures adequacy and availability of supplies and equipment.
- Insures adequacy of sterilization of all equipment and reusable supplies.
- Maintains liaison and communications with administration, chief nursing officer, medical staff and other personnel within the hospital.
- Responsible for orientation and training of all employees in the department.
- Performs all procedures and treatments that a staff technician performs.
- Responds correctly to emergency situations.
- Assists with the health information system and computer network
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted licensure as a respiratory care practitioner and a certified respiratory therapist with the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Experience in all phases of respiratory therapy including managerial skills.
- BLS and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: 40 hours/week
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com