Monroe County Hospital & Clinics has been honored as a Top Workplace for the eighth consecutive year! Out of countless contenders, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics proudly clinched the 5th best workplace title in the highly competitive mid-sized employer category. In addition to local recognition, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics received the prestigious National Healthcare Industry Top Workplace award. This national recognition highlights our dedication to excellence and innovation in the healthcare industry. We owe these accomplishments to our incredible team, whose dedication and hard work continue to make Monroe County Hospital & Clinics an outstanding place to work.
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Full-time: 36-40 hours per week working Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse to join our Outpatient Clinic team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Assists providers as outlined in individual contracts to ensure high quality care and satisfaction for both the patients and providers.
- Rooms patients, takes vital signs, performs EKGs, documents in patient chart, and assists with procedures as requested by providers and their staff.
- Assists in scheduling patients and making reminder phone calls.
- Serves as liaison between patients and specialty providers’ offices.
- Performs dressing changes, cast removal and assists providers with outpatient procedures/treatments as ordered.
- Assesses patients and contacts provider with patient status changes.
- Acquires prior authorizations for radiology exams, surgeries, procedures, medications, etc. as needed.
- Provides patient education when appropriate.
- Assists with quality improvement activities.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted license as Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred education and experience
- Experience in hospital or clinic setting.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com