Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Responsible for accounts payable processing.
- Assist with fixed asset processing.
- Adherence of controls and procedures to ensure compliance with company expenditure policies including travel and credit card expenditure.
- Coordinate accounts payable functions with materials management.
- Assist with general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with the annual audit preparation.
- Prepare and distribute bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all employee deductions, tax withholdings, and benefits.
- Assure maintenance and confidentiality of all payroll records.
- Responsible for preparing and distributing employee W-2’s and vendor 1099’s.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close.
- Support finance department with special projects as needed.
- Recognize the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the job.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business related field.
- Mandatory Reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Customer service experience.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time, 32 hours per week
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com