Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Surgical Technologist to join our Surgical team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Decontaminates, assembles, wraps, and sterilizes instruments and instrument trays.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solutions to ensure quality and consistently for decontamination and high-level disinfection of instruments and medical equipment.
- Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment ensuring they are available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
- Restocks, labels, and helps maintain inventory of the anesthesia cart, crash cart, and facility medical equipment.
- Utilizes the two-bin system for reordering supplies, collecting and distributing instruments and instrument trays to various departments in the hospital.
- Performs environmental duties, including cleaning with approved disinfectant, setting up the operating room and endoscopy suite for procedures, and cleaning the sterile processing and equipment storage areas.
- Maintains good record keeping for sterilizers, high level disinfectants, and biological tests.
- Collects, transports, decontaminates, packages, and sterilizes instruments for other departments following policy and procedure guidelines.
- Assures that all instruments and equipment are cleaned, sterilized and ready for surgery.
- Sets up the surgery suite. Assures that supplies are available as needed.
- Assists with various surgical procedures, under the direction of the surgeon, assisting physician, and OR Nurse.
- Accounts for all needles, sponges, and instruments used in the procedure.
- Assures correct sorting and checking of surgical linen supply.
- Assembles instrument and procedure packs and trays and maintains an adequate supply or each.
- Ability to function in central sterile to sterilize items according to policy concerning manufacturer and sterilizer recommendations.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Operating Room Technology program or equivalent technical surgical scrub training.
- Current and unrestricted nurse aid certification.
- Basic life support (BLS) and mandatory reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Surgical setting experience.
- Scrub experience.
- Previous experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: Days, 36 hours per week with one night of on-call per week and no weekends.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com