Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked third for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Weekend Package Cook to join our team!
Primary duties for this position include:
- Prepares and serves meals for breakfast, lunch, and/or supper.
- Prepares meat for next day.
- Prepares hot food and documents food served is at proper temperature.
- Documents freezer and refrigerator temperatures.
- Provides excellent service of patient meals.
- Labels and dates all food products and left over food.
- Determines substitutions when necessary and records on temperature log document.
- Locks all doors (night cook), checks heating/cooling units, and checks that all applicable units and lights are shut off.
- Assists with general cleaning of the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Works cooperatively with other hospital staff to assure patient needs are met.
- Knowledge of principles of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System (HACCP).
- Assists with special functions such as Hospital Week and Extended Care parties, and all other set monthly functions.
- Serves as person in charge when dietary manager is out of the building.
- Meet requirements to obtain performance improvement processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to all OSHA and infection control policies.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job orientation and competency skills checklist.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Attend ServSafe within one year of hire.
- Mandatory reporter and BLS certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience with food preparation, sanitation, modified diets, and institution cooking.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: 34 hours/week working Saturday and Sunday from 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. with an additional 8-hour shift to be worked on either Friday or Monday. The decision between Monday or Friday will be left up to the applicant. This position will also be included in the holiday rotation. A weekend package differential is included with this position with a choice between two different weekend package options.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com