Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register five years in a row. In 2020, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked the #1 Top workplace in the mid-size category!
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a full-time Weekend Package Paramedic/ RN Exempt to join our Emergency Services team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Provides pre-hospital care for the ill and injured patients through assessment, intervention, and ambulance transportation, according to the protocols established by the medical director.
- Assures daily ambulance checks of inventory, restocking, disinfecting, cleaning and maintenance of all ambulances are performed.
- Immediately following an ambulance run, restocks and disinfects the ambulance, completes all run reports (with thorough documentation), dispatch records, and charge sheets.
- Cross-trains to Lab, Respiratory Therapy, Emergency Room and Medical Surgical floor to provide assistance as requested in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Follows policies and procedures for all areas of pre-hospital care.
- Represents the department and hospital in the community. Participates in public relations activities, including education programs and providing ambulance coverage at community activities.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted State of Iowa Paramedic Specialist Certificate or current and unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Mandatory Reporting and BLS certified or within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS and PALS certified or within on year of hire.
- Valid and unrestricted drivers license.
- Must have pre-hospital experience.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- PHTLS provider endorsement.
- PALS provider endorsement (for RN Exempt)
- Experience in emergency services.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Guardian Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time: Days, 6:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. with on call included (36 hours/week)
A weekend package differential is included with this position with a choice between two different weekend package options.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com