Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register three years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a part-time Weekend Package Unit Secretary/CNA on our Medical Surgical Floor to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Makes new chart setups for each admission.
- Notifies Admissions of all admits and discharges through phone and/or census sheet activity. Assists with census transfers as needed.
- Answers the telephones, relaying messages and patient phone calls.
- Answers the patient call system and communicates patient needs to nursing staff.
- Serves as hub for unit, maintaining a steady workflow.
- Greets all visitors, family, staff, etc. at station in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Able to multi-task on a routine basis. Able to think ahead and be proactive.
- Performs clerical duties for med-surg and other departments as needed.
- Provides direct patient care including bathing, dressing, and ambulating, repositioning, and feeding patients. Changes bed linens. Catheter care.
- Takes routine patient vital signs, including temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations.
- Perform blood sugar finger stick as delegated by nurse assigned to patient. Discontinue Foley catheters with nurse delegation. Discontinue IV therapy with nurse delegation (with the exception of Central Lines and PICC lines)
- Monitors and records patient oral intake and all output.
- Passes meal trays, keeping food covered to preserve the required temperature; feeding patients requiring assistance. Fills water pitchers and assure refreshments are within reach if patient is not NPO.
- Answers call lights in a timely and courteous manner.
- Observes patients, reporting any changes to the professional nursing staff.
- Properly follows universal precautions and Infection Prevention guidelines.
- Documents care on individual patients using computer following departmental standards.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Assists with quality improvement activities.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current and unrestricted nurse aide certificate.
- BLS and Mandatory Reporter certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Allstate Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Part-time: Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
A weekend package pay differential is included with this position.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1671 | Web: www.mchalbia.com