MCHC is committed to helping you understand and prepare for potential out-of-pocket costs related to services you may receive at our hospital. This information is provided in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirement [CMS 1717-F2] for hospitals to make public their standard charges in two ways:
- Patient Pricing Estimator (Consumer-Friendly Shoppable Services)
- Comprehensive Machine-Readable File
Patient Pricing Estimator
You may request an estimate from MCHC’s Patient Pricing Estimator to determine an estimate of your test or procedure and out-of-pocket expense. This is only an estimate and not a guaranteed cost of services. Actual total charges could increase or decrease depending on what may be required to carry out your physician’s orders and where you are at in your deductible and copay.
Our Cost Estimator is free to use and does not require a user registration or password to access. In order to provide the most accurate estimate possible, you will be asked to provide some basic information, including information about your health insurance coverage.
Comprehensive Machine-Readable File
The Comprehensive Machine-Readable File contains standard charges for all items and services provided by MCHC. The standard charges list the gross charges, payer-specific negotiated charges, discounted cash prices, and minimum and maximum negotiated charges that apply to each item or service when provided (see definitions below). The information in this file is current as of the last upload.
Definition of Standard Charges
- Gross Charges- the charge for an individual item or service that is reflected in the hospital’s chargemaster, absent any discounts
- Discounted Cash Price- the charge that applies to an individual who pays cash, or cash equivalent, for a hospital item or service
- Payer-Specific Negotiated Charge- the charge negotiated with a third-party payer (insurance company) for an item or service
- De-identified Minimum Negotiated Charges- the lowest charge negotiated with all third-party payers for an item or service
- De-identified Maximum Negotiated Charges- the highest charge negotiated with all third-party payers for an item or service
Please fill out the form to request financial assistance.
Return completed form to: Monroe County Hospital & Clinics | 6580 165 th St. | Albia, IA 52531
Determining what services are going to cost can be complex. Our Business Office team is available to assist you to better understand the estimate and out-of-pocket costs. Contact them at 641-932-1745 for assistance.