Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 190 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register six years in a row! In 2021, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics was ranked third for overall employee engagement in the middle sized organizations category and was named #1 Top Workplace in the category of “Most Clued in Senior Management.”
Do you want to let us know you are interested in this job without filling out an application? Want more details on pay and benefits? Would you rather email us your resume? Go for it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
PRN (as needed)
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a PRN EMT or Paramedic to join our Emergency Services team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Provides pre-hospital care for the ill and injured patients through assessment, intervention, and ambulance transportation, according to the protocols established by the medical director.
- Assures daily ambulance checks of inventory, restocking, disinfecting, cleaning and maintenance of all ambulances are performed.
- Immediately following an ambulance run, restocks and disinfects the ambulance, completes all run reports (with thorough documentation), dispatch records, and charge sheets.
- Cross-trains to Lab, Emergency Room and Medical Surgical floor to provide assistance as requested in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Follows policies and procedures for all areas of pre-hospital care.
- Represents the department and hospital in the community. Participates in public relations activities, including education programs and providing ambulance coverage at community activities.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ongoing compliance with MCHC educational and training requirements.
- Adheres to the MCHC mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Actively participates in department huddles, in-services, meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures and adheres to departmental budget
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and restricted State of Iowa Paramedic Specialist Certificate or EMT Certificate.
- Mandatory Reporting and BLS certified or within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS and PALS certified or within one year of hire (Paramedics).
- Valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Overall attention to detail, organizational ability, and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work in teams and communicate accurately and clearly.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in English in order to communicate with patients, families, and other caregivers.
- COVID vaccine required unless an approved exemption is received.
Preferred Eudcation and Experience
- Experience on the medical surgical floor, emergency department, and lab.
- PHTLS provider endorsement.
- PALS provider preferred for EMT, but required for Paramedic.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers IPERS.
DCI checks required. E.O.E
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-1756 | Fax: (641) 932-1704 | Web: www.mchalbia.com