Albia, IA, April 12, 2022 – Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics (MCHC) has taken appropriate steps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, including limiting patient visitors when necessary.
With community transmission slowing, MCHC has lifted visitor restrictions for COVID-negative patients. COVID-positive patients will remain under strict guidelines limiting to one or two designated persons until the quarantine or isolation period is discontinued.
What you can expect upon entering MCHC:
- All visitors and patients are required to always wear a mask. This includes visitors in a patient’s room.
- All visitors and patients are required to be screened upon entry to the building.
Safety guidelines for everyone:
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Practice physical distancing.
- Wear a mask.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Disinfect surfaces and objects using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
As a reminder, we encourage the community to follow the best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) to help prevent the spread of all viruses.
About Monroe County Hospital & Clinics
Established in 1951, Monroe County Hospital & Clinics (MCHC) is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care to the residents of Monroe County, IA and surrounding counties. Our highest mission is a promise to create an excellent health care experience. We believe it must be our number one priority to ensure the personal safety and security of each customer and employee. Our full-service, primary care hospital offers an array of inpatient and outpatient health services including surgical, clinical, specialty, physical therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, occupational therapy, emergency, sleep studies, pain management services and much more. Visit www.mchalbia.com for more information.